Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Emergent Books Galore!

I have to admit. I am getting a little obsessed with creating emergent readers! They are so much fun to create and even more fun to use with a classroom full of eager students! :) I made a few more emergent readers in the past few days and wanted to share.

The first one is a color book (another one of those books that I had found in a folder and updated! - no pictures this time... I tossed it without thinking!) made using DJ Inkers WONDERFUL clipart and fonts! 

 I used a book like this with my preschoolers around Saint Patrick's Day to review color words and the colors of the rainbow. Since I am in a "first grade brain" now, the plan is to use this book in the beginning of the school year.

You can find it over at TpT here. Here are a few pictures of the book in case you're interested.





Simple books like these are just perfect for any child Preschool-First Grade! This particular book is great for learning color words, building fluency, and building confidence and joy in reading! 

The second book I want to share is a simplified version of my Shape Description Book that is on TpT for FREE. This one is also free! I made it for Preschoolers and Kindergarteners. The text is simple and students are encouraged to try to draw the shape on their own! Click on the picture to download the Google Doc!



I didn't want PreK and K teachers to feel "left out" or that their students can't have a book to make! If you can use this free shape book, please download it. If you LOVE it and find success with your students, TELL YOUR FRIENDS to visit my blog and get their own copy! Enjoy!!!

Have a great Tuesday blogging buddies!

Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment