Monday, October 28, 2013

Skeletons and Other Fall Fun!


My littles and I began our study of skeletons today. They were excited to learn that bones grow as we grow! We read the book Your Skin and Bones from the “Your Body” pack by Scholastic. Click on the picture to see the set on Amazon!


The kids enjoyed reading this simple book about bones. They were particularly fascinated by the names of the bones and the skeleton diagram in Chapter 2! After we read the book, I asked the students to draw a skeleton! It was a simple activity that my littles really liked! I gave them white crayons and black construction paper and let them go! The drawings are adorable. Check them out!

I love the finger and toe bones! :)

He drew his skeleton's teeth!

It looks like this skeleton only has one eye...but check out that neck and back bone!

Love the ribs!

There are lots of ribs on this one!!! :)

He drew his heart inside his skeleton...I am also loving the pelvic bones!!! Or are those "butt bones"....?! Ha ha! He also told me that he wrote his name using a "skeleton style"!

I just love her simple skeleton! So cute!
I also had the students practice writing sentences today. I wrote the sentence, “The leaves are falling!” for them and asked them to copy it. I reminded them to use finger spaces and to use a capital “T” in the word “the” since it is the beginning word of the sentence. I asked them to draw a picture of either themselves or their families underneath their writing.

Then, I gave them some foam leaf stickers and asked them to place the leaves onto the paper to make them look as if they were falling off of the trees and blowing in the wind! I threw in why leaves change colors in the fall but it pretty much fell flat! Ha ha! Anywayhere are some pictures of the results!!








Too cute, right?!
Tomorrow we are continuing studies of our bones!

Happy Monday everyone! J

P.S. I found this cute font on Font Space! It is by “The Butterfly”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment