Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Groundhog's Day Resources

It is STILL cold here in Ohio! :( Seriously, I'm pretty much done with this cold and wintery weather! I have been to school ONE DAY this week! Only one! I'm not a typical teacher who does snow dances and wears her pajamas inside out... I really don't like to miss school. Don't get me wrong, I do enjoy an occasional break but come on! I've been in school 11 days since coming back from winter break. 

I can't get those little sweeties back on a regular schedule! It's been stressful and tiring just to keep up with them and keep them engaged! Whew! Rant over...again...I promise! I hope that this is not a pattern...I want warmer weather STAT! :)

With Groundhog's Day coming up, I was thinking of what activities I could do to keep my crazy littles occupied so I came up with something I PRAY they will love!

I made a story retelling/counting game based on the book Ten Grouchy Groundhogs by Kathryn Heling. If you haven't seen this book, do yourself a favor and GET IT! Click on the picture to see it on Amazon.com!

Click here if clicking the picture doesn't work! :)

Before reading the story, place the picture cards up on a book stand, whiteboard, etc. As you read through the story, take one groundhog card down until the last one remains. As the remaining groundhog finds his friends above ground, add the cards back and count back to ten! Click below to grab the game! I hope you like it!

Try clicking here if clicking the picture doesn't work! :)

If you download it and love it, please let me know by commenting below! If you don't love it, please let me know why (remember to be professional and courteous!) I'm also hoping to work on a cute companion to the book Go to Sleep, Groundhog! by Judy Cox. HOPEFULLY I can motivate myself to work on it later tonight before going to sleep! :)

Okay...ONE more thing to share! I follow Scholastic Teaching Resources on Facebook and they posted a link to a page FULL of Groundhog's Day activities & ideas! Click here to be taken to that page! It has a video about groundhogs and a link to the "Let's Find Out!" magazine that is interactive and helps teach your little people all about groundhogs! I'm geeking out because it is so great! :)

Well friends, I hope to write to you soon discussing all the OCEANS of fun I'm having WITH my Kindergarteners! Have an excellent rest of your week! Keep me accountable and make sure I'm working on that companion to Go to Sleep, Groundhog!

Thanks for Reading!

Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment