Saturday, September 22, 2012

Room Tour 2012-2013

A Glimpse into my Classroom...

I have finally taken some pictures of my classroom to share! I always like seeing the creative ways other teachers organize/lay out their classroom so I thought I would go ahead and share mine! :)

This is my Calendar Math Board: My classroom has an ocean theme so I try to theme it out accordingly. I also try to use blues and greens with all decorations to have a common color theme. I think it brings the room together quite well!
 This is the messy front of the room. You can see the Wilson's Fundations alphabet chart, my ocean-themed number line (1-20), my small group board (divided by color), Word Attack Strategy posters for Guided Reading, and the Wilson's Fundations standard sound card grid.
 This is my word wall. I had to get creative this year. I didn't have an abundance of wall space but decided to utilize the large magnetic partition in the back of the room. The pocket charts have a magnetic strip on the back. I love my Carson-Dellosa word wall cards...at least that is where I THINK I got them! Sorry about the blurry picture!
 Here's a close up of the Word Wall!

 Some of Our Fall Activities!

My students and I explored apples a few weeks ago. We did a lot of apple-themed activities and this one is my favorite. I stole the idea from a blog (if it is yours, please let me know so I can give you credit!) I found through good old Pinterest! 

We labeled the parts of an apple. It went along with Treasure's Reading Series activities so I thought it would be a perfect way to practice the skill! A few days after we got the labeling parts together, we wrote about apples and placed them with our apple!
 Here is a close up of the finished product! I think they turned out GREAT!

We've also been learning the different features of sentences, exclamations, and questions! I wanted the kids to practice this in a fun way so I created my Falling Leaves game. The kids really seemed to enjoy it... :)

They can't wait for him to answer! If only you could see the anticipation on their faces!


Have a great week! 

Mary



No comments:

Post a Comment